2022: Year in Review
Published on 19 December, 2022Latest News
With the calendar year drawing to a close, it is time once again to look back over the past 12 months. Join us in looking back at 22 UAP highlights from 2022…
1) West Midlands-based Security Hardware joined the UAP Group
We are delighted to announce that we have acquired Security Hardware from Eurocell PLC. The acquisition will significantly expand our product offering and strengthen our geographical reach. Find out more >
2) Our Soterian Slim TS008 letterplate received Certifire approval
Designed in-house, Soterian Slim is the most compact TS008 letterplate ever made. The certification means the product can be installed in timber FD30 fire doors without the need for further testing. Find out more >
3) We appointed a new Technical Services Director, Julian Roberts
A fenestration sector professional with more than 30 years of experience in the industry, Julian has been part of the team at UAP Fullex for more than 20 years. Find out more >
4) We partnered with Make Good Grow to donate Hand Sanitizer
In our partnership, we pledged 15,000 free bottles of hand sanitizer for good causes, charities or community groups based in the UK to benefit from. See a pledge in action >
5) We introduced a new horizontal keyway
A new horizontal version of our industry-leading Kinetica+ K4 3-star cylinder. As an additional security measure, the Kinetica+ K4 Horizontal cylinder has been designed to allow only single-orientation key insertion. This has enabled the in-house UAP design team to create a smaller keyway, making it even harder to attack. Find out more >
6) Our experts released a legislation and specification webinar series
From residential to commercial, this series explores a range of legislations and regulations including PAS 24, TS008, T2007, Sold Secure and 3 Star Kitemark. Watch on-demand now >
7) We were a main event sponsor and finalist at the G22 Awards
Our Group Sales Director, Barry Halpin, presented the Training & Development Initiative of the Year Award at the G22 Awards. Although we came away empty-handed, we were honoured to be a finalist in the Sustainability Initiative of the Year category.
8) We launched a new UAP Intelligent Hardware Brochure
Intelligent Hardware Brochure
The new brochure showcases our extensive internal door handle offering. Every handle featured has high-quality images, clear descriptions of names, product codes, line drawings, available finishes and more. Download brochure >
9) Viva Las Vegas! We exhibited at GlassBuild America
Exhibiting at GlassBuild America for the first time was a chance for us to learn more about entering the US market and enabled us to identify key trends, opportunities, and challenges. Find out more >
10) Heart Emergency Shock
Maintenance Man Dirk is lucky to be alive today thanks to the first aid training of his colleagues at UAP. Find out more >
11) Our CFO was shortlisted in the 2022 Finance Awards North West
Our Chief Financial Officer, Bonnie Hodson, was shortlisted in the Finance Director of the Year category in the 2022 Finance Awards North West after being nominated by HSBC. Find out more >
12) We are recognised as a No Zero Hours Gold Standard Employer
We are accredited by Zero Hours Justice as a ‘No Zero Hours Gold Standard Employer’. This means we don’t and won’t employ anyone directly or indirectly on a zero-hours contract. Find out more >
13) NEW Jargon-Free FIREMONGERY® Brochure for Flat Entrance Doors
Life’s better when things are easier, we think you’d agree? That’s why we developed a range of quick-read jargon-free solutions brochures. First up, is our FIREMONGERY® range for flat entrance doors brochure. Download brochure >
14) We posted two additions to our Soterian letterplate range
We enhanced our Soterian Letterplate range with two new innovations that provide a greater variety of aesthetic and practical choices for our customers. Find out more >
15-18) Blog posts, video views, website page views and emails
- We’ve posted 47 blogs (and counting) on our website in 2022.
- We’ve amassed over 101k video views in 2022.
- We’ve had over 1.2M page views across our websites in 2022.
- We’ve sent 212 emails to over 1.7M recipients in 2022 so far.
19) We were shortlisted in the National Fenestration Awards 2022
We were honoured to have our Red Triangle Accessible Thumb Turn Lever Grip shortlisted in the Door Component of the Year category at the National Fenestration Awards 2022.
20) Manchester Thunder’s Karen Greig chose game-changing security
Manchester Thunder Head Coach Karen Greig trusts the game-changing UAP Fullex Kinetica+ K4 to secure her home. Watch her step-by-step video of how to change a Euro cylinder. Watch video >
21) Extra! Extra! Read all about UAP in the trade press
We’ve had 99 stories published in total with various news outlets and publications, with 56 appearing in print. We’ve had a mix of coverage including product-led articles and case studies.
22) We launched the UAP Fullex Key Wind Lock for Pull Handles
New to our product range in 2022 is the UAP Fullex Key Wind Lock. Suitable for a range of door types, the Key Wind Lock uses a key or thumb turn to engage and retract the bolts and latch. Find out more >
Thank you for making 2022 a year to remember. We couldn’t be more excited for 2023. We can’t tell you everything that’s coming next year, but take our word for it – it will bring more exciting news, innovations and door hardware solutions!